Quatrine Washable Furniture (“Quatrine”) takes pride in the satisfaction of its customers. To ensure that you are satisfied with your purchase, Quatrine believes it is extremely important that you understand the specific terms and limitations of your purchase.
Quatrine sells custom furniture (“Merchandise”). Online order changes or cancellations will only be accepted up to 24 hours from time of purchase.
Terms of Delivery
Quatrine makes every effort to have the Merchandise completed and ready to ship within six (6) weeks of receipt of your online order. However, many circumstances beyond Quatrine’s control may cause delays in the finish date of your Merchandise. Additionally, shipping can take up to two (2) weeks.
When your merchandise leaves Quatrine, it has been through a strict and comprehensive quality control process and is in perfect condition. You are responsible for inspecting your furniture at the time of delivery, and by signature, accept your Merchandise. Any damage to your Merchandise or your property needs to be reported to the delivery company and its agent at the time of delivery, not after the fact. Quatrine is not responsible for damaged personal property, wrinkled or soiled Merchandise.
Size and Fit of Merchandise
In purchasing your Merchandise, it is extremely important to ensure that it is the proper size for its intended location. It is equally important that the delivery route through your residence is able to accommodate your new Merchandise once it arrives. The size of the ultimate location of the furniture and its accessibility is your responsibility. Quatrine does not take back Merchandise that does not fit into your home. It is your exclusive responsibility to navigate your Merchandise to its ultimate location. Consider structural limitations such as doorways, stairways, ceiling heights and elevators.
The size of Merchandise purchased from Quatrine is in approximate dimensions, measured from the outermost points. Because the Merchandise is handmade, there will be no two identical in size and look. Sizes may vary between (plus or minus) 2 to 6 inches per piece, a custom furniture industry standard.
Slipcovers / Appearance
Slipcovers are washable, not indestructible. Quatrine does not arbitrarily create patterns for Merchandise, therefore your Merchandise is made from patterns specifically created for that size and style. Fabrics/ materials have different characteristics; some may lie as well as look different on the same style of merchandise. It may take on the appearance of being too loose, too tight, or even wrinkled. These are slipcovers and each slipcover has a look of its own. Based on the size of the merchandise and the width of the fabric, the slipcover may have seams to join fabric together. This is normal. Quatrine reserves the right to use its best judgment in the event that fabric will need to be seamed together. Skirt length is standardized on Quatrine slipcovers, approximately twelve inches in length from the cording with a (plus or minus) one-inch variation. The dye lot on your piece may vary from the sample you are shown and chose from. IN PLANNING YOUR DECOR, please allow for dye lot variations.
Slipcovers for Quatrine’s furniture up to seven (7) feet in length may be washed in most consumer washing machines. Pieces longer than seven (7) feet may require the use of a Commercial washing machine that usually can be found at a local laundromat. Most of our sofa slipcovers require washing in two (2) loads: the body of the slipcover in one load and the seat and back cushion covers in another. Quatrine’s chair slipcovers can usually be washed in one (1) load. The upholstered canvas covers ARE NOT WASHABLE and must be dry-cleaned. Quatrine offers the option to purchase washable canvas covers at an additional cost to you.
Washing and Care instructions
- Wash your slipcovers in cold water only. Fill the drum with water before adding the detergent.
- Use mild detergent – DO NOT USE BLEACH OR ANY DETERGENTS CONTAINING BLEACH SUBSTITUTES. DO NOT USE WOOLITE.
- Tumble dry your slipcovers on low heat only.
- Remove slipcovers from dryer when the seams (Piping / Welting) are slightly damp.
- Replace slipcovers on furniture bodies by gripping the slipcover from the seams (Piping / Welting) only. Any subsequent adjustments should be made by grasping the slipcover from the seams (Piping / Welting) to avoid ripping or stretching the fabric.
Tips on Washing slipcovers
- Do not wash only a portion (the seat only for example) of your slipcover. If any slipcover for a piece of furniture is washed, all pieces of that slipcover should be washed at the same time to avoid inconsistent fading and wear. However, more than one load may be required to wash all of the slipcover for that piece of furniture.
- Excessive washings will cause shrinkage and affect the fit of your slipcover over time.
- When replacing pillow or cushion slipcovers fold the pillow or cushion in half then insert into the slipcover and unfold to fill out slipcover.
Quatrine is proud of the quality and craftsmanship of your Merchandise and stands by our Merchandise under the following terms and conditions:
Scope of Warranty
Quatrine warrants to the original retail purchaser that Quatrine will repair or replace, at Quatrine’s option, any Merchandise, which is found to be defective in WORKMANSHIP for the time period set forth below.
From Date Of Delivery Warranty Period
Hardwood frames 5 years
No-sag springs 1 year
Slipcovers, seat and back cushion inserts 1 year
After 30 days of delivery of your custom merchandise you will be responsible for shipping and handling, both to Quatrine manufacturing and back to your home in the event of necessary repairs or replaces. This includes the time period provided for all WARRANTIES.
Exclusions from Warranty
Coverage. Fabric mills do not warrant their fabrics; therefore Quatrine does not warrant the fabrics. This is the industry standard. Fabric dye lots may vary considerably and the coloring of your Merchandise upon delivery may differ substantially from the sample you used to choose your fabric. Therefore, this warranty does not cover variations in color, as well as the color fastness or fading of the Merchandise. This warranty also does not cover Merchandise that is not cared for in accordance with the care instructions or damage caused by misuse, abuse, negligence, acts of God, or Merchandise that is burned, stained, soiled, wrinkled, snagged, pilled, or damaged by your children, pets, or yourself. This warranty also does not cover the effects of detergent on the Merchandise.
THIS IS THE ONLY EXPRESS WARRANTY GIVEN WITH RESPECT TO YOUR MERCHANDISE. ALL OTHER EXPRESS WARRANTIES, GUARANTEES, OR STATEMENTS REGARDING THE MERCHANDISE, WHETHER WRITTEN OR VERBAL, ARE HEREBY DEEMED NULL AND VOID AND OF NO EFFECT. Normal wear and tear and damage due to alteration of the Merchandise not done by Quatrine are also excluded from this warranty.
DISCLAIMER OF OTHER WARRANTIES, EXCEPT TO THE EXTENT PROHIBITED BY APPLICABLE LAW, ANY IMPLIED WARRANTY, WHETHER OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR OTHERWISE, ON THE MERCHANDISE IS LIMITED IN DURATION TO THE DURATION OF THIS WARRANTY. SOME STATES DO NOT ALLOW LIMITATIONS ON HOW LONG AN IMPLIED WARRANTY WILL LAST, SO THE PRECEDING LIMITATION MAY NOT APPLY.
Limitation On Remedies. REPAIR OR REPLACEMENT AS PROVIDED IN THIS WARRANTY IS YOUR EXCLUSIVE REMEDY. QUATRINE SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGE FOR BREACH OF ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTY DAMAGES, SO THE PRECEDING LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. YOU HAVE NO RECOURSE OR REMEDY FOR DAMAGE OR DEFECT CAUSED BY MISUSE, ABUSE OR NEGLIGENCE. THIS WARRANTY GIVES YOU SPECIFIC LEGAL RIGHTS, AND YOU MAY ALSO HAVE RIGHTS THAT MAY VARY FROM STATE TO STATE.
- Read and follow the described care instructions.
- In order to avail yourself to this Warranty, you must provide Quatrine with a dated sales receipt or other dated proof of purchase.
- In order to obtain service under this Warranty, please contact Quatrine’s national headquarters at (800) 407-5120.
- Transportation and/or shipping costs of moving the Merchandise to a facility at which Quatrine will make the necessary repairs are your responsibility. Any damage done to the Merchandise during this transportation is also your responsibility.